When I Wake to the Day

I wake each morning to the enduring sky
to the endless quest of the unsettled clouds
to the hilly fields forever rising up to greet me
to the forest grand, eternal with its gracious boughs

Surrounded with such everlasting abundance
infinite within each infinitesimal moment of time
everywhere surrounded within that which cannot be acknowledged
without quaking first with gratitude to the divine

I still lose site of it all
I simply don’t see it
it all lies hidden from me
obfuscated by my vision
Third Eye blinded by all the temporal fury of things
meaningless to me
yet lording over me without thought to my true needs,
true nature

This entry was posted in Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to When I Wake to the Day

1. onebumps says:

Just the reminder I needed not to take today for granted. Thanks.

2. untermarmot says:

Wonderful thoughts to start the day and a reminder to bring poetry into how one lives. Thanks.

3. taja36 says:

Sounds like a beautiful morning to wake up to.

4. Such a lovely introspective look at how we lose sight of what is right in front of us.

5. emmathers says:

Reblogged this on dewdropper bopper and commented:
    The first stanza reminded me of Robert Frost. Smile today, people.

6. Great visionary…and a thought provoking piece on not to
    miss those simple, little things that surround us everyday….

7. staystrong10 says:

I really like this!!

8. Beautiful. If we appreciate more around us, we will definitely lead a happier life. Thanks for sharing!

9. William Blake might nod approval at some of these lines – and mutter something sympathetic about “cleansing the doors of perception” – if I’m not being too presumptuous

10. I understand that he crossed the street one day and asked a woman he had never seen before to marry him – they lived, as they say, “happily ever after.” I hope the story isn’t apocryphal – it came from a reputable source.

11. Thanks for the lovely poem. Great reminder to appreciate my life and see its abundance. Nature soothes me when I look around and take it all in.

12. John says:

“The temporal fury of things–” A lovely evocation of the complexity I create with my own mind, and a reminder to return to the everlasting abundance of right now.