I Welcome You to the New kurtbrindley.com

It is with heavy but happy heart that I say goodbye to my old me – the novels, the poetry, the short stories, the haiku – and say hello to the new me!

A me that only wishes to blog about that which he loves most, not counting his lovely and loving wife and children, of course…

And that which I love most, not counting you know who, is My Dogs & Ramen!!!

Let’s face it, my writing efforts just aren’t cutting it. Have you bought one of my books?!

No, of course you haven’t.

So why deal with that stress and frustration when I can do something here that I truly enjoy…

And that is to embrace the inner Pet Lovin’ Foodie in me and begin posting pictures of my dogs and all the ramen joints that the wife and I love to seek out and enjoy!!!

So, without further ado, let’s get this party of a new blogging format started, shall we…

Since you all know my dogs Aurelius & Zeno, two loving but highly destructive Plott Hound brothers, I shall commence my new photo-blogging journey with a picture of Baltimore’s newest Ramen Joint TenTen Ramen

Ramen-joint

As I wrote to my friends on my private Facebook page, which probably didn’t include you, TenTen is hands down the best ramen joint my lovely and loving wife and I have had the pleasure of eating at in the States.

Yes, even better than any in New York City.

Mmm, delish...

Mmm, delish…

Look at that! Hungry yet?

Look at that! Hungry yet?

Heaven in a bowl

Heaven in a bowl

In following issues I will discuss the history of ramen (you cannot imagine how exciting and full of intrigue it is) and we will have an in-depth conversation with the man behind TenTen Ramen.

Stay tuned!

And because this blog is also now dedicated to my dogs as well as ramen, I will share a few shots of my boys with you.

Blurry-AandZ

AandZ-outside-blurry

AandZinBlanket

A-holds-Z-good
I should add here that, even though I will no longer post literary things here, after reading more about the Clean Reader app, I have decided that I am going to endorse their efforts after all, instead of opposing them. The founders are good Christian people with good intentions. So, since I am no longer opposed to censorship in literature, I feel it is best for me to be more prudent with my photography and edit over that which may be offensive.

Well, I hope you are as excited about my blog’s new direction as I am. Wish me well!!!

Have a Pet-Lovin’ Food-filled day!!!™

Image | This entry was posted in Food and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

63 Responses to I Welcome You to the New kurtbrindley.com

1. JUNO's VIEW says:

Good luck with the new direction Kurt, what’s not to love about food and pets!!

2. Mel says:

Hey Kurt, I think it takes a lot of courage to maybe admit something isn’t working to your satisfaction and let’s face it, we all rely on our own intuition to help sort ourselves out, so good luck and I look forward to reading and getting to know the ‘Whole New You’!!

3. Priyanki says:

Happy April 1st Kurt ;)

4. Nurse Kelly says:

Good for you, Kurt!!! Yes, dogs and ramen sound just fine! Enjoy every minute! :)

5. I have never commented before. But I follow you everyday. Sorry to hear the book thing isnt flying. Love dogs, so all is well. Keep posting and enjoying what you love!

6. V. Alarcón-Córdoba says:

Lovin’ the ramen pics!

7. mojoshawn says:

Hmmmm…I detect a prank. The “no longer opposed to censorship” is the biggest clue. I would like to see more ramen and dogs posts. Maybe even dogs eating ramen. ;)

8. Looooooove it! I have four furry babies myself, so I can relate. Your doggies are absolutely gorgeous . . . lots of personality!

9. bullroarin says:

Wow Kurt….the food looks great. I have to admit I’ve never experienced ramen before, but I’m willing to take the risk. Of course where I live snow cones are the norm and the very mention of a foreign dish usually ends with a small burp and a quick retreat. Love the dogs, actually I have a couple of dogs here that are interested in meeting the hounds. :)

take care ~ Dave

10. All the best to you. The Ramen does look good. I remember when I was in Korea, I used to frequent a coffee house downtown Sangtan and ordered a bowl of their cheesy Ramen one night. I figured it would be something along the lines of what you have pictured…what I received was a bowl of packaged Ramen (like you buy in the store here) boiled with a slice of American cheese on top. I stuck to the coffee after that.

11. joni kersgens says:

Am i wrong in loving all you do?????..

12. k rawson says:

Hey Kurt, I did buy your book and while I confess I haven’t gotten far into it yet, I know enough to know your talent. Who knows that magical combination of timing and social media mastery that sells books? Certainly not me… But I remain your loyal follower. :-)

13. Josh Wrenn says:

You didn’t get me.

14. Rob McShane says:

April 1st – yes, great time to change totally… I will reserve anymore comments until… Well… Maybe April 2?

15. When the heart says to take a turn off your course, it’s telling you true. Good luck with your new adventure. You have two good subjects to write about. Enjoy!

16. I smell something; that isn’t burnt ramen is it?

17. avwalters says:

Don’t you just love the first of April? The “tell” though, was that the dogs were out of focus. This is a man who can capture the texture of coffee cup jackets at a cafe, and he’s going to let his loving dogs be portrayed at less than their best? (If it makes you feel any better, I’ve been blogging for over 3 years and it doesn’t sell books.)

18. Ava says:

So the “leave it all behind” poem was a foreshadowing of………April Fools. : )

19. lorihoose says:

I just started following you yesterday, so I may not notice the change in your blog, but I’m way excited to hear more about your pups, your loved and loving wife, and all things raman. Wishing you well from over at Change is Possible. Go get ’em!

20. dkbunnell says:

Wishing you well. The book biz is a tough one. Trying to make it myself, and man, promoting is as much work as writing the book, and that took me years!

Life is short. If you feel you must leave the story writing behind, then so be it. Wishing you the best with your new focus on your blog.

21. Berna says:

I shall continue to follow you. Can’t get rid of me that easy . . .

22. giffmacshane says:

The smiley face cracked me up completely — and then I read what follows! Very nice job!

23. mjlstories says:

Me too! Love cats, love tulips. Giving it all up for cats ‘n’ tulips.
    Good luck with the spicy dogs.
    (PS Today my copy of the letters of Rosa Luxemburg that sits by my bed was replaced by a box with the same cover, containing the letters R, O , S etc. Not especially funny, but I admired the work that had gone into it. Tomorrow I buy your book. It may be April 1st but both these facts are true.)

24. Aimer Boyz says:

The boys are cute. They certainly deserve their own blog :)
    Nice happy face, BTW.

25. I like your fiction, I like your dogs and I like your sense of humour. Date’s no coincidence, right? :)

26. Bemused says:

Yaaay for more dog stuff :) Always up for more of that!

27. Hey Kurt—very good! I almost fell for this & was about to write a supportive comment; —then it hit me.
    BTW, I did download Poems by the River & found some gems in there. Really liked the one about the old barn.

• That’s great. Thank you for checking the book out and giving me your feedback, K.A. I really appreciate it. Glad you didn’t fall (at least all the way) for the foolish post. :)