Not Quite At Its Peak

The lovely and loving wife and I made a quick visit to one of my most favorite spots on this ol’ very pretty but very petulant planet of ours to capture a few images of the Cherry Blossoms pre-peak. Peak blossom will be next week so you can be assured we will make a much less quicker visit then to capture the full bloom.

If you, too, would love to see Washington DC’s fabulous Cherry Blossoms, gifts of friendship to the people of the United States from the people of Japan many years ago, but are unable to make the trip, you can see them live via the awesome site earthcam.com. There you can point the lens to different areas, zoom in and out, and even capture a few photos of the beauty and wonderment for yourself.

Can’t wait until next week to see the trees in their peak, and to enjoy the annual National Cherry Blossom Festival in their honor.

Image | This entry was posted in Photography and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Not Quite At Its Peak

1. Nurse Kelly says:

Beautiful photos, Kurt! I love DC but we’ve never been able to time a trip with seeing the cherry blossoms in bloom. One of these days… I think it’s so sweet that you refer to your wife as lovely and loving – hope you both enjoy the rest of your trip :)

2. kbailey374 says:

I would adore seeing them in person! thanks for the pix!

3. I’d love to see cherry blossoms in person. 💕

4. wscottling says:

The pictures are beautiful. I love stuff like this. Do you go to Shenandoah in the Fall too? That’s a sight to see too. We went a couple of times when I lived in Virginia Beach but it was a full day’s trip for us from there. Totally worth it,but yeah…

5. Veronica says:

I don’t think the cherry blossoms here in NJ will be ready for our festival next week. Your photos are beautiful! 😄

6. Lovely photos! Few things beat Spring in DC. Besides cherry blossoms, here are some of my favorites things to check out during Spring in Washington. http://districtandmore.com/2014/03/28/dc-spring-bucket-list/

7. resoplayer says:

I think the trees were blooming when a friend and I visited many years ago for the Kite Festival. Always beautiful but your pictures allow a better perspective then what I had back then.

8. Tessa says:

Our band while in school went down every year for the Cherry Blossom Festival!